Enabling Canada’s next-generation leaders in technology
Quantius Education Foundation proudly sponsored Western Technical-Commercial School students to participate in the highest level of robotics competition offered by FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology). Students teamed up with the world’s best technology companies to build the most impressive robots you’ve ever seen. Built from scratch in only 6 weeks, these 5 foot tall, 140 pound robots compete in high intensity robo-sports.
“The varsity sport for the mind,” FRC combines the excitement of sport with the rigors of science and technology. Under strict rules, limited resources, and time limits, teams of 15 students or more are challenged to raise funds, design a team “brand,” hone teamwork skills, and build and program robots to perform prescribed tasks against a field of competitors. It’s as close to “real-world engineering” as a student can get.
Students who participated were able to:
- Learn from professional engineers;
- Build and compete with a robot of their own design;
- Learn and use sophisticated software and hardware;
- Compete and cooperate in alliances and tournaments;
- Earn a place in the World Championship;
- Qualify for over $16 million in college scholarships.